1. Greet the Priest (“Hello Father” is fine.)
2. Together you will make the “Sign of the Cross.”
3. Tell him how long it has been since your last Confession.
4. Tell him your sins.
5. The priest may advise you.
6. He will then give you some type of penance. (This could be prayers or some other assignment for you to do.)
7. You then pray the “Act of Contrition.”
8. Father will extend his hand and say the words of absolution.
9. You can thank you him and leave.
10. Complete your penance as soon as possible and give thanks God.
Act of Contrition
O my God,
I am sorry that I have sinned.
Please forgive me.
I know You love me.
I want to love You
and to be good to everyone.
Help me to make up for my sins.
I will try to do better from now on.